Friday, October 11, 2013

A slow and sultry September at HPIR.


Given my own numbers for September, I feel like this poor statue. I know I'll look better in October, because I was halfway through a 600-pager when I had to stop and read a 500-pager for my book club next Sunday! Anyway, the THREE readers participating from HPIR read 3236 pages in 12 titles. Jane was the very best with 1386. Here's what we read:

Check Points / Michael Casey
Thrall / Natasha Trethewey
Gun Machine / Warren Ellis
The Abundance / Amit Majmuder
The Twelve Tribes of Hattie / Ayana Mathis
Black Boy / Richard Wright
The Girl Who Played with Fire / Stieg Larsson
Sundog: The Story of an American Foreman, Robert Corvus Strang, as told to Jim Harrison: A Novel / Jim Harrison
Kill Anything That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam / Nick Turse
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's nest / Stieg Larsson
Harper's Magazine (Sept. 2013) 
Sinners and the Sea / Rebecca Kanner


No comments:

Post a Comment