Friday, May 1, 2015

Trigger Warning

by Neil Gaiman

Neil Gaiman has been one of my favorite authors since I read his very dark Sandman graphic series years ago on my son's advice. I loved his novels American Gods and Anansi Boys, and some of his young adult novels including the prize-winning The Graveyard Book. Maybe it was the hype and expectations, but I was a bit disappointed in his more recent award-winner, The Ocean at the End of the Lane. Don't get me wrong, it was a good story, well-written, it just seemed a bit thin, like a long short story rather than a short novel. With all that background, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from Trigger Warning, his latest collection of short stories. Well, I  wasn't disappointed. The stories are all different, all interesting, all with unexpected twists. I particularly liked the one about un-inventing things, and the Doctor Who story, and the Sherlock Holmes story...well, all them.

No comments:

Post a Comment